Timeline for the Challenge
Timeline depends on the amount of time you plan to spend and the ambition of the project. You can finish quite quickly if you just want to finish and move on!
That said, we have a suggested timeline below:
- Day 1: Find your team and write your proposal (described in previous section)
- be sure to include estimated data size, and whether you might need extra computing resources
- Day 5: Meet with your mentor to talk about how feasible the project seems
- Day 10: Check in on progress and data availability; make sure to talk with mentor (not necessarily a formal call)
- Day 14: Hold a second check-in call with your mentor!
- Day 21: You should be at the results comparison stage by this time (the computational heavy lifting should be mostly done)